Harlem Candle Company Holiday Luxury Scented Candle with Harlem Map Printed Green Glass Jar, Handpoured Soy Wax, Double Wick, Gift Box, Scents of Winter Spruce, Pine Needles and Mint-Fused Eucalyptus
- RELIVE THE SPIRIT OF THE HARLEM RENAISSANCE: Our Holiday Harlem Map Candle was created in tribute to the great jazz singer Ms. Holiday and inspired by her favorite Emeraude perfume
- A LUXURIOUS COMBINATION OF FRAGRANCES: This refreshingly unique candle brings the outdoors inside with its aromatic green blend of fresh Winter spruce, pine needles and mint-infused eucalyptus
- ENJOY THE EARTHY FRESH SCENTS ALL YEAR LONG: Set a beautiful mood for holiday time and all year round with this luxurious long burning candle for yourself or that special someone on your gift list
- PRINTED GLASS JAR IS A BEAUTIFUL KEEPSAKE: The beautiful green glass candle jar imprinted with the iconic map of the Harlem Renaissance can easily be re-used as a votive holder, vase or even as a cocktail glass.
- PROUDLY CREATED AND MADE IN THE USA: The candle is 12 oz, double wick, 4 x 3" jar, handpoured soy blend with approximately 80 hours of burn time and crafted from artisans right here in the US.
Founded in 2014, The Harlem Candle Company was born in the home of travel and lifestyle expert Teri Johnson. So inspired by the fragrances she's experienced in the 68 countries she visited, Teri desired to create a sensory experience that could take people on a journey to inspire creativity, joy and love. After making over a thousand candles in her kitchen, in less than one year, she collaborated with a world-renowned fragrance house, an expert chemist and fragrance industry veteran who have helped her grow the Harlem Candle Company into a global brand.
Each Harlem Candle is infused with fragrance notes that create a perfect harmony of top, middle and base notes that sing, dance and celebrate the old and new Harlem Renaissance. As a company we value and pay homage to how Harlem has blessed the world with cultural luminaries, creative vision and style in the story of America.
The Harlem Candle Company takes on the tradition of this cultural light, packaging this history into curated scents that continue the tradition of Harlem as the light of the world.
Within each candle, you will find the enduring gifts of peace, love, abundance, creativity and of course, light, intended to carry forth to the world over. May this treasure connect with you and enhance your journey forever.
The candles are inspired by the Harlem Renaissance, and celebrate the lives of such jazz legends as Duke Ellington, Billie Holiday and Josephine Baker, all of whom performed in Harlem in the 1920’s and 30’s. The candles also pay homage to iconic places like Savoy Ballroom and the Sugar Hill neighborhood.
Our soy candles evoke the decadence of Harlem's nightclubs and entertainers while leaving a melodic impression in your home with opulent, luxurious scents with more than 80 hours of burn time from our double-wick soy candles.
A Touch of Jazz
Choose from a variety of jazz-artist inspired scents in classic colors and subtle motifs. Whether it's the vintage nightclub map of Harlem or the classic colored jars in a range of hues, Harlem Candles add a touch of elegance and and style to any room.
Meet our Founder
The Harlem Candle Co. is a luxury home fragrance brand specializing in scented candles inspired by the richness of Harlem. Founded in 2014 by travel and lifestyle expert Teri Johnson, the Harlem Candle Company is the manifestation of her love affair with fragrance, jazz, and Harlem.
Teri, a native Texan, decided to make the New York City neighborhood of Harlem her permanent home.
Through intense research, she discovered Harlem’s vibrant and rich past. Music icons including Josephine Baker and Duke Ellington who performed at clubs such as the Savoy Ballroom, the colorful areas of Harlem’s Sugar Hill and Lenox Avenue all inspired her to share these stories.
The Harlem Candle Co. began in her kitchen in 2014. Teri now designs fragrances alongside award winning perfumers to produce beautifully scented candles that celebrate the Harlem Renaissance.